GETTING HERE IS HALF THE FUN!
Trying to get to the Valley? Looking at a Vermont map you can see we are just about in the middle of the state, 20 miles south of Montpelier, the state capital, and 45 miles south east of the airport in Burlington. Route 100 & 100B follow the Mad River through the Valley. To the east is the Northfield Ridge and the Green Mountains create the western boundary.
• 40 minutes from Stowe: From Stowe, follow Rt 100 South, through Waterbury to Waitsfield. If traveling to Mad River Glen, bear right at the Rt 100 & 17 intersection in Waitsfield to Mad River Glen. If traveling to Sugarbush, continue South on Rt 100 to Sugarbush Access Road (right) to Sugarbush.
• 1 Hour from Killington: From the intersection of Rt 4 & Rt 100, turn north on Rt 100, traveling 40 miles. Turn left on Sugarbush Access Rd to Sugarbush Resort area. If traveling to Mad River Glen, continue traveling north on Rt 100 to the intersection of Rt 100 & Rt 17 in Waitsfield. Turn left/west on Rt 17 to Mad River Glen.
• 3 hours from Boston: take I-93 North into New Hampshire to I-89 North (Concord, NH) stay on I-89 North through New Hampshire and into Vermont to Exit 9 (Middlesex exit). At the end of the ramp, go left, cross under I-89 to the stop sign.
Go left on Route 2 East for 1 mile, then go right on Route 100B. Take 100B through Moretown Village. Route 100B turns into Route 100. Follow south to Waitsfield and Warren. LOCAL's TIP (If traveling in winter or spring, locals recommend snow tires or 4WD. If you are unsure, we would rather you checked this route in summer and fall before attempting it in winter. This route saves about 20 minutes): From VT Interstate 89, take Exit 4 and turn left, proceeding downhill to the stop sign. Bear left, traveling 2/10 mile onto Rt 12A North continuing to Roxbury. In the middle of town, turn left onto Warren Mountain Road (also known as Roxbury Mountain Rd.) This road is part paved/part gravel. Proceed 8 miles "up and over" to the stop sign. Turn left onto East Warren Rd, continuing as it turns into Brook Rd and brings you to Warren Village. At the stop sign, bear right. At the next stop sign, bear right onto Rt 100 North. Travel 1.5 miles to the Sugarbush Access Rd (left). If you are heading to Mad River Glen, stay on Rt 100 to Waitsfield. At the junction with Rt 17, turn left/west on Rt 17 which takes you right to Mad River Glen.
• 5 hours from New York City: Take I-84 East into Connecticut to I-91 North (Hartford, CT) Take I-91 North through Massachusetts and into Vermont. Take I-89 North exit (White River Junction) and continue to Exit 9 (Middlesex). At the end of the ramp, go Left, cross under I-89 to the stop sign. Go Left on Route 2 East for 1 mile, then go Right on Route 100B Take 100B through Moretown Village. Route 100B turns into Route 100. Follow south to Waitsfield and Warren.
• 2.5 hours from Montreal: Take I-89 South into Vermont and continue past Burlington to Exit 10 (Stowe/Waterbury, VT) Bear right off the exit ramp to the stop sign. Turn left on Route 2 and proceed through Waterbury Village. Once through Waterbury, turn right on Route 100 South. Proceed 7 miles to the stop sign, then turn right on Route 100 South. Follow Route 100 to Waitsfield and Warren. From the South and East, take Interstate 89 to the Moretown-Middlesex Exit #9. From the North, take Waterbury Exit #10. Go left onto Route 2 South, then right onto Route 100B. Follow 100B to Route 100 South [there is no turnoff]. Route 100 leads directly to the Eagles Resort, located on the right, just south of Waitsfield.
The Mad River Valley can be reached from a variety of airlines directly or with a single connection.
Burlington International Airport (BTV)
About 1 hour drive
Manchester Airport (MHT)
About 2 hours drive
We are also only 3 hours drive from Logan International Airport (BOS) in Boston and Montreal's Dorval (YUL) or Mirabel (YMX) Airports.
The Sugarbush-Warren Airport offers private pilots 2600’ of runway and is only a short distance form the Eagles Resort. UniCom 1.22.8 [closed in winter]. The Barre-Montpelier Airport also accepts chartered flights and privately owned planes. Call 802.223.2221.
Daily Amtrak service is available from Washington D.C., New York, and Philadelphia. You’ll arrive at the station in Waterbury, only 20 miles from the Eagles Resort. Taxis are available.
Amtrak service to Montpelier (MPR) & Waterbury (WAB).
Greyhound has bus services to both Montpelier and Waterbury.
For transportation in and around the Valley, check out the Mad River Valley Transit's MadBus!
Looking for a map and/or directions from your location? Start here.
Once here, you may need detailed local maps from DiscoveryMaps®- you can find them all over town- it looks like a cartoon-map but is perfect!